Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Grand Turk Chillin'

Well once again I've been lazy to write, and it's not because I'm busy but because I've been relaxing in the sun in Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos in the Caribbean. For the first time in a year and a half I'm able to see my folks, who moved here this past Fall, and it's a good time. In fact, my brother is on his way from home and will arrive this afternoon, so the Nolan family is back together, albeit only for a few weeks.

Anyways, it was a long ass journey to get here. Starting with a nice 5am wake up call in Manila, I flew to Narita Airport in Tokyo, Japan with a nice little warm up 4 hour flight, and then had a beauty 11+ hour trip across the Pacific to O'Hare Airport in Chicago, with no time to spare I caught a connecting flight to Miami, where I had to stay the night. Again, early the next morning I flew to Provo, T&C....the flight from Miami to Provo was unreal! It was really an awesome sight, and then finally i caught the Flying Coffin from Provo to Grand Turk! That's right 5 flights and probably 30 hours later I reached my destination, and it is worth every penny!

Being on the island, it is the definition of small! 7.5 miles long (or something like that) and maybe only 1.5 miles across, it looks like a bit of a waste land. Lots of poverty, but also some really beautiful sights. Dad's work ( Carnival Cruise Centre) is super nice, and a good time when ships are in. It's pretty random, but not only do they have lots of stray dogs here, but at anytime some cows, horses or donkeys will show up in the yard, in front of the car, etc...wherever they decide to go. It's good for a laugh! Staying with the wildlife aspect, I finally got to go for a dive for the first time in a while and I was able to see a lot of cool stuff ( a few Baracuda, Lion Fish, Bat Fist, and the 6000 + ft drop off to the middle of the earth-no joke) it was a good time, and i'm looking forward to the next one!

Aside from that I've been doing a lot of relaxing and missin' my gal. Should be a good time when Ryan gets here, and I still have 2 weeks left! I'll keep this updated video

No comments:

Post a Comment